Life...


"Yes, suddenly I saw it clearly: most people deceive themselves with a pair of faiths: they believe in eternal memory (of people, things, deeds, nations) and in redressibility (of deeds, mistakes, sins, wrongs). Both are false faiths. In reality the opposite is true: everything will be forgotten and nothing will be redressed. The task of obtaining redress (by vengeance or by forgiveness) will be taken over by forgetting. No one will redress the wrongs that have been done, but all wrongs will be forgotten." 

Milan Kundera (The Joke)




“Thus with my lips have I denounced you, while my heart, bleeding within me, called you tender names.
It was love lashed by its own self that spoke. It was pride half slain that fluttered in the dust. It was my hunger for your love that raged from the housetop, while my own love, kneeling in silence, prayed your forgiveness.” ― Khalil Gibran, The Forerunner: His Parables and Poems





“Yet each man kills the thing he loves

By each let this be heard

Some do it with a bitter look

Some with a flattering word
The coward does it with a kiss
The brave man with a sword” 
― Oscar Wilde, The Ballad Of Reading Gaol


"Love is a battle," said Marie-Claude, still smiling. "And I plan to go on fighting. To the end."
Love is a battle?" said Franz. "Well, I don't feel at all like fighting." And he left." Milan Kundera (The Unbearable Lightness of Being)







Comments

... your work is always a pleasure for the eyes
(y)
;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for Forgiveness ..